The Chemical Plant Facility General Manager II for our Chicago, IL Facility needs 6-8 years of plant operations experience. 3-4 years of management experience. 7-10 years Chemical industry experience (preferred). Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations. Knowledge of CHI Policies & Procedures. Knowledge of CHI Priorities, Ability to work in team environment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors' degree preferred;
- 10+ years industry experience preferred;
- 6+years of plant operations experience;
- 3+ years of management experience;
- Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to make real-time decisions
- Requires standing, lifting, pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching;
- Requires climbing, speaking, listening, sitting, walking, and crawling.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages labor to assure operating costs are in line with budgeted and projected revenue;
- Labor management includes all employee hours worked, overtime hours worked, hiring, terminations, and performance appraisals;
- Responsibilities also include labor relations, and management in accordance with worker's compensation regulations and laws;
- Manages processing of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes according to specified requirements including RCRA, DOT, customer requirements, and least cost routing;
- This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President Services and has direct responsibility for an assigned Transfer, Storage, and Disposal Facility which includes waste management, health & safety, compliance, profit & loss, and staffing.
Manages labor to assure operating costs are in line with budgeted and projected revenue.
- Labor management includes all employee hours worked, overtime hours worked, hiring, firing, and performance appraisals.
- Responsibilities also include labor relations, and management in accordance with worker's compensation regulations and laws.
- Manages to facility to the clean compliance standards and measure against the CCP KPI's.
- Recommends merit increases and promotions of facility personnel.
- Manages processing of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes according to specified requirements including RCRA, DOT, customer requirements, and least cost routing. Intimately knowledge of all facility specific capabilities and processing technologies including, but not limited to, wastewater treatment, fuels blending, incineration, lab pack processing, blending, bulking, shredding, pumping.
- Ensures and enforces corporate and facility specific Health & Safety protocol and Standard Operating Procedures. Continuously works closely with the safety department to enhance and improve safety within facility as a top priority. Co-chairs Facility Health & Safety meetings.
- Ensures and enforces corporate and facility specific Compliance protocol and Standard Operation Procedures. Maintains the facility in compliance with Part B RCRA permit, or equivalent. Continuously works with the Facility Compliance Manager to assure continued compliance with all corporate and regulatory protocol.
- Manages and assures accurate and timely analytical, final coding, and billing of lab pack, drum, bulk solid, and bulk liquid materials.
- Works closely with National Logistics to coordinate and assure proper outbound management of waste materials from disposal facilities.
- Reviews and approves all purchasing for the facility.
- Responsible for management of profit and loss statement according to budgeted revenue and percentages. Assures operating costs, labor, materials, supplies, disposal, and SG&A costs meet or exceed budgeted parameters.
- Responsible for the training and development of all plant employees. Responsible for mentoring current and future managers assuring the continued growth of the company.
- Assures facility is properly maintained; Management of maintenance department including oversight of Mapcon preventative maintenance system.
- Assures facility is always clean and presentable for customer audits and tours. Participates when necessary or requested.
- Assures facility provides proper customer service both internally and externally.
- Develops and assures a good working relationship with local Field Service General Manager, Technical Services General Manager, and Logistics Manager.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.